Monday, April 13, 2009

So Freakin' Close

So, I was at the ortho on Thursday and really walked in with a can-do attitude.

The assistants asked the usual..."how are you?" but today instead of the usual "ooh fiiine," I replied "realllllly hoping for some gooood news!!!!" This method totally worked!

The doc comes over....checks and says...."The next time you're here...we'll take them off!!!!!!"

I almost peed in my pants!!!!

But....because this is MY life....

the doc proceeds to do a little 'detailing' and then says, "you know what...i really want to give it three more weeks."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?"

Luckily I used the BF as an excuse -- and said..."you know I'm throwing a party of my boyfriend and oh gosh, ya know, it would be sooo swell if I could have them off before then...blah blah blah"

Soooo she says...ok --- instead of coming back in three weeks for a check-up, come back in a week.

Ooookkkk!!

So, I go to schedule an appointment at the front desk and all the receptionist has open is on Tuesday - soooo like 4 days later -- ha.

I wasn't going to pass that up! I said...yes! So, I am praying my teeth have moved since Thursday afternoon -- because I'm going there tomorrow morning.

More updates soon! Fingers crossed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't wait to hear what happens!!!

laura said...

Yes!! I bet they have moved. They move pretty fast at this point now the bones are all used to the movement.

George said...

Hi there! While reading your post I can actually hear the excitement in your voice. Honestly, I've scanned your posts and I saw how you look without your braces. You look awesome! I'm so happy for you! I remember when I was waiting to have my braces removed. The waiting period is soooooo long. I was so bored waiting that I kept on looking at myself at the mirror. Well, to cut the long story short. The result was amazing. I can actually slide my tongue across my smooth teeth. The week after, we moved to my dad's in SC and my dad’s friend recommended her own dentist. Myrtle Beach surprisingly, is so beautiful. Anyway, the first time I met my new dentists, Myrtle Beach based, they reminded me of my orthodontist back home. They too are very nice.

Wired lady (I don't think this is applicable anymore) I hope to see more pictures of you! Peace!