Sunday, April 22, 2007

Afraid of a 6th Grader

It's crazy to think the one person I was most afraid to see my braces was Emma, the 6th grader I sometimes babysit. I was petrified she would destroy me. Somehow in my mind, I would revert back to the middle school years of insecurity and humility. But...the good news is, she took the news well. She actually provided many helpful tips, being that she just got her braces removed a few months ago. In the woes of braces, we bonded like never before. Finally, someone to sympathize with me.

You better believe Emma will be wearing her retainers every night from this point forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I look at my smile in the mirror and think, "I really need braces." But then I remember what it's like wearing braces and change my mind.

Maybe one day.