Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Football Player Stomping On My Face?

Who doesn’t want to sleep with a football player!? Ok. Some are definitely gross. But let’s be real and focus on offense and of course, there was always that one in high school. Ahhhh. Ok. I digress. I only mention this because, I gotta say, I don’t really appreciate the NY Times comparing the evening grinding of my teeth to sleeping with a football player.

The article, “A Lineman in My Bed: Notes on Teeth Grinding,” explains that 8 to 10 percent of the adult population share this ‘issue.’ Apparently it’s called bruxism?! Hmmm. Scary word. Sounds more serious than it probably is but, I do like that finally we’re getting some attention. Of course, the article didn’t shed too much light on overcoming my not-so-secret 'shame.'

Guess I have to sign up for acupuncture now. Ugh. Add it to my bill.

Just wanted to pass along the knowledge. Have a great day!

No comments: