Monday, October 8, 2007

Braces: A Public Mockery

Tonight at drinks a totally weird moment happened which I can only attribute to the braces.

So, I'm sitting, drinking, and conversing...and all of a sudden some weird dude comes up to me, bends down (face near mine), and says, "Don't I know you?"

Before I can even respond, I smile (obviously exposing the wires) and the random dude jolts back in horror and says, "Oh. Whoops! My mistake. I thought I knew you!"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

The new acquittance/co-drinker I was with literally said, "Does that sort of thing happen to you a lot?"

Oddly, it seems to be happening more and more.
Individuals repulsed by braces. The story of my life.

Even more annoying, the random dude wanted to hug and just 'pretend it never happened.' Oooh I will pretend it never happened. Pretending it never happened will be my hobby of choice come year 2030 when the braces are finally removed.

No comments: