Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yes, I am Wearing a COSTUME!

I kid you not, people at work today thought I chose to wear the poncho as a fashion statement. Seriously! Many people (especially men & my boss = super) did not 'get' the "Ugly Betty" joke...even on HALLOWEEN!!!!!

I swear, it was 3 PM (over half-way through the day) and someone in my boss's office asked, "Is that a blanket?" I said, "Nooooo! I'm Ugly Betty." My boss (also in the room) looked up and said, "Oooooooh" (insert sigh of relief her assistant hadn't jumped off the deep end).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This means a few SIGNIFICANT things...

1. I look so much like UGLY BETTY every day of my life -- no one noticed I was in costume
2. People think I have awful fashion sense and were not taken aback by the enormous and brightly colored Guadalajara 'blanket' I was sporting all day
3. My braces are a year late -- Ugly Betty was sooo the cool costume last year. This year, people thought I just looked sad.

Next year, when I re-use the costume because I am still the freak in braces, maybe I will be considered 'vintage?' That would be cool.

No comments: