Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ce-le-brate Good Times...COME ON!

The crazy and ridiculous mouth guard-thingy is...GONE!!!!!!! Hooray times a million!

Today was the big 3 week check-up at Dr. Relle's office and it couldn't have gone better! He broke out the wire cutters and freed the beast from my mouth! I can talk!!!! (not too excited, right?) In honor of such an OUTSTANDING day, I thought...it might be time to show some pics -- time to put ol' 'Wilson' to rest.

Please note...as you will see...I am still in the 'chipmunk' phase...
My bite ...
Photobucket

My bite/mouth closed...
Photobucket

My bite/smile from the side...
Photobucket

Dr. Relle was so proud of his work...he even took a picture of Steve and I. Ha. It was hilarious. I see him next in three weeks. I still have two rubber bands I have to rock but at this point...I can deal with anything.

I cautiously asked Relle, "Do you think it would be okay if I had a glass of wine?"
His reply, "You should have had a glass of wine a week ago!"

Not. Funny. Dude.

18 comments:

holski said...

Wow. Amazing. These pics have made me SO MUCH MORE EXCITED for my own surgery. Wired lady, I can't believe you are only a few weeks post op. The results are absolutely fantastic.

Leah said...

i completely agree! you look amazing. i can't believe how fast you're healing.

laura said...

Wow, you do look great! I think we're probably having the same surgery too.

Tara said...

WOW, you look amazing!!! Now go drink you up some wine!!!

Dragon (Karen) said...

You look amazing ... and appear to be healing quickly.

Enjoy the wine ... and being free of the beast!

Anonymous said...

you look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy Eng said...

wow u are looking fantastic...and chipmunk stage, u look really grate honestly and i cant believe its only been 3 weeks....!!!!!CELEBRATE good times COME ON!

Aimee said...

Gorgeous!! You were already gorgeous to begin with, but WOW! You look awesome!

Katherine (Kate) said...

THERE you are!!! And nice to meet you! For 3 weeks your swelling is going away quite nicely, what's it like to finally be able to close your teeth together? Looking good, Lady :)

If this were olden days, would you have salpped the OS witha glove, challenging him to a duel for the sake of your sanity?!! Not nice! Cheers *clink*

dmb5_libra said...

Congrats! You look great!

allison said...

OMG... your bangs are longer!!

Just kidding. You look wonderful

Rachel said...

Wow! It looks great. I don't think you look like a chipmunk at all. That is best recovery I've seen so far. Cheers to a glass of wine...or two tonight!

chris k said...

Holy crap! You look marvelous! you must be totally stoked. However, now that you got all the good reactions out of people, let's see the REAL recovery pictures. I demand to see a pumpkinhead. You know you wanna ;)

Shontelly said...

WOW! You look FAN TASTIC! What a change!!

BobcatShooter said...

You look great! Glad to see your recovery is coming along so well!

V said...

Hun you look amazing! You're gonna be having them off in no time... ;)

Katherine said...

Beautiful. All that hard work was worth it. Yeah! You really do look great. Thanks for posting all that you do. Holski and Leah are right, seeing your new "you" is encouraging to those of us on the other side. From your photos, it looks like your wicked sense of humor has helped you recover. Cheers.

stephanie said...

Everything looks amazing!! Congrats! How does the new bite feel without the dreaded appliance?