Sunday, June 17, 2007

Babies & Braces

Yesterday at Alex's housewarming party I was mocked by a 9-month-old. That's right. Apparently, babies love braces. I'm standing in a group of people and everyone is suddenly surprised that Aiden has taken a particular liking to me. After a few minutes, and after realizing he's zeroing in on my mouth, I look at Steve and say, "He likes my braces!!!" Everyone roars in LAUGHTER! And then the baby is LAUGHING and doing more LAUGHING. And then the baby is showing me HIS teeth. And opening and closing HIS mouth. This went on for what seemed like many many minutes. The baby's mom kept saying, "He's flirting with you!" Ughhh, no, I don't think so. At 9-months your baby already knows that braces stand out in a crowd, they are goofy looking, make people laugh and rightfully so, you can laugh at them.

No comments: