Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ouch! Why Can't I Dream of Beaches and Puppies?!?!

I have a confession to make.

I clench and grind my teeth at night. Ahhh! I know...shockingly personal! But it's not good. Last night was probably the last straw when I woke up because I slammed my teeth into my tongue! Who the hell wakes up with tongue pain? Could I please have a few more things wrong with my face!? Please! Dear lord.

So, when I was at the orthodontist's office on Friday, I thought we should probably address the problem (being that the cash flow is going directly into the teeth, I need to make sure I don't screw it up in any way). I've definitely taken my stress out on my teeth for a while now. Actually, the first time I learned of this 'tick' was one night at my Grandma's house. My sister was sleeping in the bed across the room and screamed at me to stop playing with my retainer. I then informed her...I was not WEARING a retainer. Welcome Stephanie Teeth Issue #177.

So, any way, I tell Yamada about the grinding and she looked both concerned and confused. Not a good feeling for the patient. She said she'd contact my oral sugeon to see what he suggests. She's worried because a night guard would screw up my 'treatment.' She asked if I was open to taking medication. Apparently, some sort of anti-depressant is taken to cure this problem. Um...WEIIRD!!!!! I don't want to be on no-dos for the rest of my life! That's what the alcohol is for! Kidding!!!!! I then responded by saying, "I'm not all natural!" I realized later how weird that response was. I hope she doesn't think my boobs are fake.

So, at the moment, I'm waiting on a call back from Stephanie Teeth Team Member #3 - aka the oral surgeon.

No comments: