Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Wired Lady Hallmark Card

I have to say, I began this blog as a joke -- just trying to find a way to laugh at the fact that I'm a 20-something and had to get braces. By finding a way to make fun of myself and laugh at the whole silly situation, I felt validated. But...not to get too sappy here, but the crazy love and support I have found online from YOU ALL (complete strangers!) is unbelievable. As I read some of the comments from this past week, I am overwhelmed with emotion (and no, I have not popped any pills yet). As cheesy as it sounds, the power of the internet is so unbelievably amazing.

Before this whole 'adventure' began, I remember thinking how I wish I had listened to that oral surgeon back when I was 16 who told me to consider jaw surgery. I thought of it as a regret. But now, I can't imagine going through this without you all. I'm glad I'm doing this now, at this point in my life, and most importantly, with an online team of people thinking about me. I am so blessed.

My gratitude is beyond words.

2 comments:

Ananda Devika said...

You sure you didn't start on the pills a little early? ;) Just kidding - we love you too!

Tara said...

Awww, your too sweet! You're making me get all emotional now (ok, so it's getting close to that time of the month for me, so it doesn't take much!) But I totally agree with you. I couldn't have done this without you all!

Ok, gotta go read the new posts to see how you did!!!